Saturday, October 23, 2010

So Long, Study Guilt

This morning marks the first Saturday in the past three or so that I have not woken with 'study guilt.' With graduate school midterms out of the way (for better or for worse), the pressing burden of having to study literally all day has fled and the result is a most joyous exuberance.

In the realm of the blogosphere, my presence has not graced it for over a month. And my presence here now will be brief, only tossing a few gems your way.

First, I had been reading The Jesus Storybook Bible as my nightly devotion reading for the past couple months and I finished it! As I plugged it when I first started reading it, I recommend it even more highly here! Sally Lloyd-Jones does an outstanding job of showing how the entire Bible points to Jesus. So if you have kids, if you work with kids, or if you just want to be refreshed by hearing Bible Stories at a child's level again, please pick up your own copy.

Second, since I tweeted this amongst exams, I reiterate it here. Here are four albums you absolutely have to pick up and are my front runners for the best albums of this year:

Band of Horses - Infinite Arms
The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt
Javiera Mena - Mena
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

No comments: