Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where could I go but to the Lord?

While feeding my brain with (too much) cell biology, I've been filling my soul with gospel gems. Namely, two of the greatest albums ever made. That you should, by now, own. If not, just follow the links I've so generously provided:

Mavis Staples - You are not alone
Ben Harper & the Blind Boys of Alabama - There will be a light

Also, there are parts of various songs on There will be a light that I couldn't help but sing aloud in the supermarket tonight. So, I hope I brightened your day, fellow customers.

1 comment:

robert said...

Singing in the supermarket! What is this world coming too? :-)

Good for you! We live in a rather noisy world, but much of the racket isn't particularly edifying or wholesome. Sing on!

And if you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.