Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When you met me you were numb...

...from the voice in your head
Conspiracy delusions that your boyfriend kept fed
I swear I want nothing, just give me your hand
I've got the cure for the shape that you're in
-The Low Anthem, "Apothecary Love"

I think I've found my calling. If Jocie Adams worked at NASA and then left that life behind to play a mean clarinet for the Low Anthem, I can easily leave science, take up a woodwind instrument, and join a folk band...

But seriously, the Rhode Island (semi-local!) band, The Low Anthem, make some of the most gorgeous music known to mankind. 'Smart Flesh' (out today) delivers with moving lyrics, sweeping harmonies, heart-stopping clarinet, crooning pedal steel, and the Low Anthem staple, the pump organ. Watch their performance on Letterman here.

Well, so long grad school, I've gotta go learn me a woodwind instrument.

No comments: