Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lesson(s) Learned

Sometimes the greatest lessons learned in life come from simple song lyrics. Hence, even the title of this post is a Ray LaMontagne song. Having been on a Lucinda Williams and National tear, here's a sampling of what's been running through my head lately:

"Ada, hold onto yourself by the sleeves, I think everything counts a little more than we think." -The National, Ada

"Everything means everything." -The National, Conversation 16

"I'll try to be more romantic. I want to believe in everything you believe." -The National, Conversation 16

"It takes an ocean not to break." -The National, Terrible Love

"We were blessed by the minister who practiced what he preached. We were blessed by the poor man who said heaven is within reach." -Lucinda Williams, Blessed

"I drove my car in the middle of the night, I just wanted to see you so bad. The road was dark, but the stars were bright, I just wanted to see you so bad." -Lucinda Williams, I Just Wanted to See You so Bad

"You wait in the car on the side of the road, lemme go and stand awhile. I wanna know you're there but I wanna be alone. If only for a minute or two, I wanna see what it feels like to be without you." -Lucinda Williams, Side of the Road

With that, I'm out. Time to go pick up babes at the laundromat.

No comments: